Friday, April 21, 2017

5 Things I Learned When I Started Working

After high school, most of us go to college for a piece of paper that most big companies require before they hire. At least that's what our parents told us. Get a degree, find a job. 

Having to spend a year and a month in a huge multinational company, I learned that life is not as easy as you see it in the movies. There's no easy money, especially when you're just starting. Well, that's what most Millennials expect, am I right? Who doesn't want a high paying job the moment you step out of university? Sadly. not everyone gets that kind of luck (and connections). So let me share with you 5 things I learned when I started working.

Ayala Ave. Photo from Wikipedia.


1. It's okay to have close friends at work

As you might have heard from your other friends or family, having a close relationship with your colleagues is a don't. Well, I'm here to tell that you should--especially if it's one of the only things that's keeping you motivated to stay.

A post shared by Gerone Tolentino (@gerone_t) on


One of my managers used to say that there are four things you should consider before you resign. Money, workload, boss, and friends.

2. Being financially independent is almost impossible

Most of us think that being independent after college is like living the yuppie dream. Wrong. Being independent while earning a little above minimum wage is barely the "yuppie dream". Some have it easier with their parents paying for rent, etc. But there are hundreds out there who are barely making ends meet.


Throwback to the times when you don't have to think about bills and expenses. Sadly, we all have to move on and face this harsh reality we call life.

3. Quitting your job asap is probably not the best choice

I think we're all aware of what Millennials are in the work place: a bunch of job-hopping, entitled crybabies that can't even stay put in a firm for a year. Don't get me wrong, I've been in the same 'let's look for another job' boat because of reasons. I guess almost everyone talks about this once or twice (and by once or twice I mean maybe a couple of hundred times).



But who doesn't want the idea of a high paying job in a new environment where you can have a fresh start? While job-hopping may seem to be today's trend, gathering solid foundation and enough experience in a single company for a year or two doesn't sound like a bad idea at all. It's not rocket science, my friends. As my mother used to tell me, resign now and stay as an associate forever.

4. Traveling is a luxury

Although a piso-fare flight to Siargao sounds good and almost too good to be true, what comes after that is the real problem. You have to think of your accommodation, food, activities, and other expenses. Sure there are millions of articles out there that proves this otherwise, but let's face it. Traveling is, and will be, a luxury. It's just something not everyone can afford.



I'm not saying that you should stop traveling. Traveling is one of the best experiences I've made, and one of the most rewarding things I've done. But before clicking that 'book now' button, think carefully about how you'll budget, save, and spend your money. Check your liquidity. Can you pay for your credit card? Do you have enough money in your savings account? Or should you be even touching you savings? But if you have the money for that one week trip to Hong Kong, be my guest! Although, if you go broke, don't tell me I didn't warn you!

5. But these are all part of life that everyone will and had experienced

Sure you're barely saving money, commute to and from the South, bring baon everyday just to join that trip to Batangas, and all these tipid things you're doing because of what you found on the internet. But one day, you'll look back and laugh at your broke self and thank them; they made you become the person you are now.

A post shared by The Alpha (@seanxsebastian) on

Always stick to your goals and never give up. But don't overwork yourself just because of this. It's still nice to travel occasionally, drink beers on a Friday night, have overnights in a friend's condo and watch horror movies, play badminton late night with your officemates and question yourselves after why you guys did it. It's not wrong to have fun after all!

How's your experience as a yuppie so far? Tell us below!


7 comments:

  1. THIS IS MY LIFE HISTORY HOW I WAS CURED FROM HERPES BY A GREAT MAN CALLED DR LUCKY,

    am a very honest woman ,i can never post false testimony on social media, so let me go straight to the point Hello Everyone out there,I am here to give my testimony about a Herbalist doctor called Dr Lucky who helped me in my life. I was infected with HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS in 2015, i went to many hospitals for cure but there was no solution, so I was thinking how can I get a solution out so that my body can be okay. One day I was in the river side thinking where I can go to get solution. so a lady walked to me telling me why am I so sad and i open up all to her telling her my problem, she told me that she can help me out, she introduce me to a doctor who uses herbal medication to cure HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS and gave me his email, so i mail him. He told me all the things I need to do and also give me instructions to take, which I followed properly. Before I knew what is happening after two weeks the HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS that was in my body got vanished .if you need help, you can also email him at: (Realspellcasteronline@gmail com) or (Realspellcasteronline@gmail com) He also have a herbal cure for 6 DISEASES; also for HIV VIRUS AND MANY MORE, for more information (Realspellcasteronline@gmail com) i will like you all to help me thank Dr Lucky for saving my life so i make up my made to testify about his good work,i have nave see a good man like this before and beware of scams only Dr Lucky has the cure for herpes illness no fake no scam I Love You Dr Lucky Thanks So Much

    ReplyDelete
  2. RO technology is the most advanced water filtration technology today is highly appreciated by the experts and received the favor of a large number of customers. As a result, there are now a lot of RO water purifier business establishments that make the choice of consumers become more and more difficult.
    gai goi, gái gọi hà nội, gái gọi sinh viên, Gái gọi Gia Lâm - Long Biên

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can be your own home decor and you can also work just like professional home decorators do. There are just a few tips that you need to know for handling your home decoration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm here to share to the worldwide that Dr Okine is a Powerful Herbal Medicine man. that can cure your disease if you can only contact him and let him help you. I was cured from my Hiv Disease. after suffering since 8 years but when i contact him on the internet. he gave me a Natural cure that ended my suffering after using it for two weeks. i went to check myself on the hospital and i was tested negative. I can't more happier but to say thank you sir and i use this medium to say to everyone don't waste any time to contact this powerful herbal Dr Okine On any Kind of Disease he is Ready to help you. You can reach him through whatsapp or his Cell Number:+233545736277 or follow him on gmail: okinehomeofcure@gmail.com He also have a herbal cure for Following DISEASES,this is 100% Real
    -COLD SORE
    -ALS
    -LOWER RESPIRATORY INFECTION
    -LOW SPERM COUNT
    -STAPHYLOCOCCUS -STAPHYLOCOCCUS AUREUS
    -STROKE
    -IMPOTENCE
    -PILE
    -HYPERTENSION
    -LOW SPERM COUNT
    -ASTHMA
    -CANCER
    -BARENESS/INFERTILITY
    -FIBROID
    -ASTHMA
    -SICKLE CELL
    -BARENESS/INFERTILITY
    -DIARRHEA and so on.








    ReplyDelete
  5. hello everyone here i want to tell the whole world about DR AZEN herbal mixture product ...Dr AZEN penis enlargement herbal product in Africa.This is the only Male Penis Enlargement product has been used by men around the world like USA,CANADA,AUSTRALIA,BELGIUM,SWEDEN,GERMANY,UK,SINGAPORE,MALAYSIA AND SO MANY MORE supplement that has been PROVEN to-enlarge your penis – safely, quickly, and importantly – PERMANENTLY.Full DR azen Penis Enlargement product when used will Increase in penis length by 1-5 inches Increase in penis width by 20%helps in preventing Premature Ejaculation.Achieved longer, rock hard erections All gains in penis length and width are 100% permanent Full AKIOYA Penis Enlargement product is also:100% Herbal, 100% Safest with no side effect and its of two types I have the one for enlargement and for reduction and your advised to use it by message 100% Satisfaction and Money Back Guarantee. DR.AZEN, About my products i have herbal product and oil 100% Permanent Guaranteed resulting it on your body where you feel you want to reduce or enlarge which will help you to be strong and you get the desirable size you want-within 3-5 days and when you get your desirable size you are advised to stop using it and the results you gain will remain permanent We also do deliveries all over AFRICA, and worldwide so i would like to know first when do you need the product.for more information call or whatsapp Dr.AZEN +2349038299828 or call email ( azentemple@gmail.com )
    note DR AZEN also have herbal medicines to problems like
    PENIS ENLARGEMENT
    ERECTILE DYSFUNCTION
    DIABETES type 1 and type 2
    HERPES GENITAL WART
    LOW SPERM COUNT
    WEAK ERECTION
    BREAST ENLARGEMENT
    PROSTRATE CANCER
    HIV/AIDS
    SPELL OF ALL KINDS LIKE EX BACK,CANCEL DIVORCE,BREAK UP SPELL ,PREGNANCY SPELL,PROMOTION SPELL,JOB SPELL
    ALS
    HPV 123
    PILE
    ASTHMA
    HEART FAILURE
    PREMATURE EJACULATION
    HEPATITIS A,B,C AND MANY MORE
    THANKS

    ReplyDelete
  6. hello everyone here i want to tell the whole world about DR AZEN herbal mixture product ...Dr AZEN penis enlargement herbal product in Africa.This is the only Male Penis Enlargement product has been used by men around the world like USA,CANADA,AUSTRALIA,BELGIUM,SWEDEN,GERMANY,UK,SINGAPORE,MALAYSIA AND SO MANY MORE supplement that has been PROVEN to-enlarge your penis – safely, quickly, and importantly – PERMANENTLY.Full DR azen Penis Enlargement product when used will Increase in penis length by 1-5 inches Increase in penis width by 20%helps in preventing Premature Ejaculation.Achieved longer, rock hard erections All gains in penis length and width are 100% permanent Full AKIOYA Penis Enlargement product is also:100% Herbal, 100% Safest with no side effect and its of two types I have the one for enlargement and for reduction and your advised to use it by message 100% Satisfaction and Money Back Guarantee. DR.AZEN, About my products i have herbal product and oil 100% Permanent Guaranteed resulting it on your body where you feel you want to reduce or enlarge which will help you to be strong and you get the desirable size you want-within 3-5 days and when you get your desirable size you are advised to stop using it and the results you gain will remain permanent We also do deliveries all over AFRICA, and worldwide so i would like to know first when do you need the product.for more information call or whatsapp Dr.AZEN +2349038299828 or call email ( azentemple@gmail.com )
    note DR AZEN also have herbal medicines to problems like
    PENIS ENLARGEMENT
    ERECTILE DYSFUNCTION
    DIABETES type 1 and type 2
    HERPES GENITAL WART
    LOW SPERM COUNT
    WEAK ERECTION
    BREAST ENLARGEMENT
    PROSTRATE CANCER
    HIV/AIDS
    SPELL OF ALL KINDS LIKE EX BACK,CANCEL DIVORCE,BREAK UP SPELL ,PREGNANCY SPELL,PROMOTION SPELL,JOB SPELL
    ALS
    HPV 123
    PILE
    ASTHMA
    HEART FAILURE
    PREMATURE EJACULATION
    HEPATITIS A,B,C AND MANY MORE
    THANKS

    ReplyDelete

About

South Yuppies is a lifestyle blog created by a group of young professionals living in the South of Metro Manila. It features a wide variety of topics including tech, games, travel, and food trips in the south.

Read more


Travel & Leisure - Top Blogs Philippines

Contact us

Name

Email *

Message *

Search This Blog